Thursday, September 21, 2006

Here's what I did the first day at Tucci's... I haven't been posting because I'm working from about 9-9. Tonight I got home at 11:45. This is a lower control arm for a car that's competing for the Riddler award in February. I made the arm when I was here two years ago, now I'm just finishing it up. It's amazing all the work that goes into something like this. You look at it and say "yeah that should get done in about an hour..." An hour turns into a day very easily.
The filler piece was made from a tube that I bent then notched, then sliced open and notched again lengthwise to make it nest into the two arms that come off the ball joint housing.
I'll post some pics of it all finished welded and ground smooth.


edit: sorry, but due to the rules of a competition that this car is in the running for, no images may be posted prior to the event. I'll put some pictures of other cars and machines later...
Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home