These were taken a while ago, when Ruby was... smaller. We picked up my grandpa at his home, brought him to my grandma's house and made dinner. It was a delightful evening together. One of my goals of being human is to learn from older people all I can while the information is still available. I'm extremely intrigued by their stories of love, war, "making it", and how my family came to be.
My grandpa is going through dementia, which seems to be bringing him back to his younger days. It is quite frustrating for my grandma however, as I'm sure she longs to be looked after by her husband of many centuries. He equally yearns to be able to provide for his wife, as he often gets upset over the fact that Marion is "over there, and I'm here". "What is she going to do with two young boys to look after?" (my dad and uncle, both over 50). One minute he's saying that they don't give them guns in the retirement home he's at, and the next he's giving me valuable business advice. I'm trying to balance the fact that his mind is leaving him with the sobering reality of the power of the human mind. There is no drug that lasts this long. There is nothing to bring it back. What an incredible man.
My grandpa is going through dementia, which seems to be bringing him back to his younger days. It is quite frustrating for my grandma however, as I'm sure she longs to be looked after by her husband of many centuries. He equally yearns to be able to provide for his wife, as he often gets upset over the fact that Marion is "over there, and I'm here". "What is she going to do with two young boys to look after?" (my dad and uncle, both over 50). One minute he's saying that they don't give them guns in the retirement home he's at, and the next he's giving me valuable business advice. I'm trying to balance the fact that his mind is leaving him with the sobering reality of the power of the human mind. There is no drug that lasts this long. There is nothing to bring it back. What an incredible man.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home